Friday 20 March 2015

Free Online Therapy for Stroke-Related Visual Loss (again)

Now and again I put up a post about online vision training, designed for stroke but potentially beneficial for other brain-related causes of vision loss. I've done this more than once because it's such an easy way of trying to improve your vision and it doesn't cost anything. Evidence for its effectiveness is limited but studies do seem to show it helps.  Why not give it a go?

The Stroke Association describes these methods on >THIS PAGE<.

A brief article by >Dr ALEX LEFF< which outlines these and other visual rehab methods can be found >HERE<.  He developed the online visual rehab methods described at University College London.

I should declare that I've been awarded The Stroke Association Thompson Family Senior Clinical Lectureship and know Alex Leff, so have a potential conflict of interest here, but the therapies are free and I don't have any direct relationship with the research group or the therapies.

11 comments:

  1. Nice post. Thanks to providing the useful information about online therapy. This article will be very helpful for people who are looking for online therapy...

    Online Therapy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello friend
    Really I liked your post a lot. I was looking for this kind of Physical Therapy App. Thank you post sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some truly wonderful work on behalf of the owner of this internet site , perfectly great articles . https://rehabhere.live/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get your life back to normal! SportsCare therapist owned outpatient clinic offers personalized physical therapy and rehabilitation treatment for sports injuries

    ReplyDelete
  5. mental health app I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work. Definitely a great post. Hats off to you! The information that you have provided is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mental health app It has fully emerged to crown Singapore's southern shores and undoubtedly placed her on the global map of residential landmarks. I still scored the more points than I ever have in a season for GS. I think you would be hard pressed to find somebody with the same consistency I have had over the years so I am happy with that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are tied directly into the sate’s renewal database which allows us to process your request almost instantly. online counselling app

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! how to handle anxiety

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm impressed, I must say. Very rarely do I come across a blog thats both informative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you ve hit the nail on the head. Your blog is important.. Percussion Therapy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed... Money from home online

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice Post. It is very useful for stroke rehabilitation.

    ReplyDelete

FEATURED

Try Eye-Search, free web-based visual search training from University College London (funded by the Stroke Association).
Listening Books is a UK charity providing audiobooks for people with reading difficulty. Books can be posted on CD, downloaded, or streamed online. There is a membership fee, but it is apparently heavily subsidised.